Campsite Rules and Guidelines
We want you to have the best holiday ever with us and don’t want to weigh you down with guidelines. But to allow everyone to have fun and for the smooth running of the site some rules are necessary. We ask everyone to observe and adhere to the following:
- New arrivals are requested to pay for the duration of their stay upon arrival. Payment is accepted by cash, cheque (payable to Flaxton Meadows) or debit card.
- No arrivals before 1pm, please vacate pitches before 12 noon on the day of departure. Late departure can sometimes be arranged for a small fee, please speak to reception.
- Please use water sensibly – no water fights or playing around at water standpipes. Washing of cars, caravans, motorhomes or filling of paddling pools is not permitted unless by prior arrangement.
- All speed restrictions must be observed.
- Caravanners and campers are responsible for keeping their pitch areas clean and tidy.
- Dogs welcome with well behaviour owners! The biggest dog we accept are Labradors- sorry but we cannot accept Rottweilers or Irish wolfhounds – if in doubt we are always happy to chat further as we try our best to make sure you have the best holiday experiences. Dogs must be kept strictly on a fixed lead no more than 2 metres in length and under control. All waste must be picked up and deposited in the bins provided. Persistent noise from dogs could lead to you being asked to leave the site. Dogs must not be left unattended in caravans, motorhomes or tents. A maximum of two dogs is allowed per pitch and no dangerous breeds are allowed. A dog walking area is available.
- Abuse of any facilities will be considered a serious offence and will be treated as such.
- Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated by this company or our staff; we have a zero policy against arrogance and rudeness. If you misbehave you will be asked to leave.
- The entry/exit barrier automated. The barrier does not allow entry/exit between 11pm and 7am. Late arrivals must park in the designated area.
- Laundering must take place in the Laundry Room and not in washbasins or washing up sinks.
- Any washing hung out must be unobtrusive and concealed as much as possible. No clothes lines to be attached to trees or boundary fences.
- No Drones
- No sub-letting of caravans or motorhomes is allowed.
- We do not allow sign written vans / sign written cars or normal vans which are not sign written onto the campsite.
- Parking is provided for one car per pitch. Extra cars must be booked in advance and left in the car park.
- Visitors to the park are welcome for a small fee but must report to Reception on arrival.
- No unruly activities or behaviour that could result in disturbance, nuisance or hazard to other site users is permitted. Use of the play areas is between 9am and 9pm. Bicycles should only be ridden on paved surfaces, not on the grass.
- The pond is unfenced and children should not be allowed near it without adult supervision.
- We have hens, ducks, guinea fowl and peacocks roaming freely on site so please do not allow children to harass them, although they do enjoy sweetcorn and the odd food scraps.
- Use of firepits and barbeques is not permitted.
- Supplies and shop purchases are restricted to shop hours except in an emergency.
- Household refuse to be bagged and placed in the appropriate bins. Recycling bins are provided for glass, paper, plastic and cans.
- All caravans, motorhomes, tents, vehicles and visitors enter the park at their own risk and the site owners can accept no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to property or persons however caused.
- We will endeavour to fulfil requests for a specific pitch or to be grouped together with friends but no guarantee can be given.
- We do not accept bookings for all male/female parties of more than two units.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage/loss of goods/vehicles or injury to persons.
- All caravans and motor homes attending this site are expected to have at least one portable fire extinguisher. We also recommend a caravan to be fitted with smoke alarms
Unless notice of cancellation of your reservation is received in writing no less than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday, you will be liable for the full amount of the booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
If you want to cancel your booking:
Your Accommodation booking is a contract for the provision of leisure services on a specific date or dates and this means that you do not have a statutory right to change your mind and cancel the contract. We do, however, offer you the right to cancel your contract subject to the provisions of this Section below:
If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking you must let us know by email or in writing as soon as possible and, in any event, prior to the first day of your booking. Your booking will be cancelled with effect from the day we receive your email or written notification, subject to us deducting cancellation charges as set out in Section below.
Our cancellation charges are calculated according to the time between when we receive notification from you that you wish to cancel your booking and the start of your booking. Our cancellation charges are set out in the table below:
|No. of days prior to booking start date||Cancellation charge|
|More than 30 days||administration fee of £15|
|14 – 30 days||50% of the total booking charge|
|Less than 14 days or after the booking start date||100% of the total booking charge|
If you cancel your booking after the booking start date, we will not issue any refund for any remaining nights of your booking. To clarify, this includes where you cancel your booking for any reason outside of your reasonable control, including without limitation, inclement weather and illness. We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.
Booking amendments or cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Park, who may charge a cancellation or alteration fee.
Any cancellation or amendment request should be addressed directly to the Park using the contact details provided in your Confirmation. We recommend that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your Booking prior to travel.
The Park are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event they are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
If you expect to have a late or delayed arrival, please take the courtesy to communicate with the Park so that they can make any necessary arrangements to receive you.
Loss or Damage of Guest's Property
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, a hotel proprietor may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor or staff of the site. The liability however –
- Extends only to the property of guests who have engaged sleeping accommodation at the site;
- Is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest, except in the case of property which has been deposited or offered for deposit, for safe custody:
- Does not cover motor cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them, or horses or live animals
- This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to Flaxton Meadows or any part thereof, or that liability thereunder attaches to the proprietor of Flaxton Meadows in any particular case.
The site owners reserve the right to:
Add or alter these rules at any time.
Refuse entry to any persons.
Insist on the removal of any caravan, motorhome or tent without refund of site fees if a breach of the site rules is considered serious enough to warrant such action.